The objective of the sight conservation program is to protect, preserve, and restore the sight of children through the following activities:
i. School-based eye care program
- Training primary school teachers to screen school children for visual defects.
- Establishing Vision clubs in secondary schools to train senior students as Little Optometrists.
- Professional eye care services including refraction services by trained optometrists/Ophthalmic Assistants and ophthalmologists.
- Eye Health Promotion, nutrition supplement, and de-worming in schools in partnership with national programs.
ii. Community-based eye care Program
- Dedicated children’s eye camps Training of FCHV and orientation of health facility staff Eye Health Promotion in the community.
iii. Capacity building of health system to provide eye care for children.