BPEF pays great emphasis on academics and research. The department has staffs from Clinical as well as from public health background committed to perform evidence based Research. It has an internal research committee which guides researches done by staffs of the organization.
The department also looks into the academic courses such as Community Ear Health Worker (CEHW), National Board of Medical science (NBMS) in Ophthalmology, Internship in optometry, clinical postings for Nursing and health assistant and many more. BPEF is the only organization providing the CEHW program in the country.
The over all task of the A&R comprises of the followings;
- Obtaining competitive grants
- Conducting Research
- Publishing Research Papers
- Hosting Conferences and Seminars
- Grant Writing
- Conducting Surveys and Studies
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
- Collaborating with the Institutions/organizations
- Running Projects